Yet another year has flown by so fast so here are tips to make the most of every day and enjoy every moment:
1. Write down your to-dos before you go to bed (and delete what you have got done i.e. you have been efficient and successful) and you will find your next day will flow even more magically and efficiently .
2. Allow yourself 20 minutes for morning meditation.Even if it’s simply just lying in bed and listening to a repetitive sound like the birds or cicadas in the background ,even better if it's a monotonous sound like traffic or an air-conditioner. Observe your in-coming thoughts as they maybe important messages from your higher source to you,but do not dwell on them,discard the thought for action later and re-focus on listening to that monotonous sound.
Do that for twenty minutes most mornings and watch your spirits,contentment and efficiency soar for the day!
3. Schedule your day, this includes personal and work time. If you've blocked out thirty minutes for yourself you're more likely to stick to it.
4. If possible, focus on one task at a time, you'll get it done more efficiently than when you are juggling multiple tasks.Best to work by priorities-working on the most important ones first where you can and if you can’t move onto the next one in the meantime.
5. When an idea or task comes to you write it down or put it straight into your notes on your smartphone, Siri or send it to yourself in an email, then you're not wasting time trying to remember it.
6. Keep a shared digital diary with those in your family or work colleges, that way you’ll know when and where everyone is supposed to be, thus saving time.
7. If you have multiple emails but don’t want them all sent until certain times you can schedule them to send at specific times.
8. Prep as much as possible, for example: put everything you need in your bag well before the time you have to leave. If you’ve got kids pack the kids bag first , do their lunch and put all the bags in the fridge or the car the night before,so you can just get up and go,starting your day without stress.
9. Batch cook freezer meals once a month. This will take two hours out of your weekend but you wont have to rummage for snacks or figure out what to cook for dinner and thus save time.
10. Delegate. Ask for help and outsource where possible. It may not always be feasible to hire a cleaner or gardener but even just asking your friends or family to help you in one area relieves your time load.
11. And, simply say 'no' more. Say 'no' more before you commit yourself to any commitment to avoid stretching yourself too thin.
12. Analyse where you do spend your time - you might find you are presently wasting too much time watching television, reading Facebook or newspapers etc or with certain time wasting people.If so cut down in these areas to allow more quality time for yourself.
If you do, or are doing all of these things listed above you will find that your life will be much happier, much more relaxed, productive, successful and enjoyable-and you will know that you are living your life to the max.